Ministry to the Sick is a pastoral ministry of caring for those people hospitalized, in nursing homes, or confined to private homes. This ministry is provided by trained and certified lay men and women, deacons, vowed religious sisters and brothers, and priests within Blessed Trinity Parish mandated by the Diocese of Orlando. These ministers are trained and developed to conduct a pastoral visit with time to listen to and pray about the concerns of the sick or shut-in person and to share Eucharist with them. The Office of the Ministry to the Sick coordinates this ministry in the Parish, provides initial certification training and continued education programs to maintain ongoing development of ministers as required by the Diocese. The office maintains an updated database of certified ministers for the Parish. The coordinator is responsible for the day to day operation of the ministry.
Ministry Coordinator –
Sr. Juliet A. Nakalema IHMR
352-629-8092 Ext. 211
Core Group Members –
- Clara Stacker – 694-5451 – Spiritual programs for ministers.
- Carlito Cruz – 789- 1937 – Shut-ins and Education for ministers.
- Peggy Soucy -425-9056- Education/Nursing Homes
- Shirley Strauss –237-2995 – Newsletter and Assisted Living homes.
- Charlotte Roaderick – 671-1468- Ocala Regional hospital and Social events.
- Don Knipper – 625-6621 – Munroe Regional Hospital
- Lucia Covo – 875-5022 Hispanic Minister
- Maria Farrel – 624-7616 – Hispanic Minister
Note: The core group members meet with the ministry coordinator on a regular basis to plan for the ministry.
Ministry Locations, Weekly Communion & Mass Schedule
Locations, Communion & Mass Info (PDF download)
This table provides information regarding ministry locations, the weekly communion schedule and the mass schedule for the ministry to the sick.
A Guide for Ministers to the Sick
A Guide for Ministers to the Sick (PDF download)
This is a booklet available and useful in providing policies, guidelines for Visiting Nursing Homes, Hospitals and Shut-Ins.
Ministry to the Sick & Shut-In Brochure
Ministry to the Sick/Shut-In Brochure (PDF download)
Provides detailed information for those who would like to serve in this Ministry.