Extra Ordinary Ministers of Holy Communion to The Sick and Homebound (EMHCSH) are pastoral ministers caring for those people hospitalized, in nursing homes, or confined to private homes. Trained and certified laymen provide this ministry and women, deacons, vowed religious sisters and brothers, and priests within Blessed Trinity Parish mandated by the Diocese of Orlando. These ministers are trained and developed to conduct a pastoral visit with time to listen to and pray about the concerns of the sick or shut-in person and to share Eucharist with them. The Office of the Ministry to the Sick coordinates this ministry in the Parish, provides initial certification training and continued education programs to maintain ongoing development of ministers as required by the Diocese. The office maintains an updated database of certified ministers for the Parish. The coordinator is responsible for the day to day operation of the ministry.
Contact Information Ministry Coordinator –
Sr. Juliet A. Nakalema IHMR
352-629-8092 Ext. 3211
Core Group Members –
- Carlito Cruz (352)789-1937 – Education for ministers/Assisted Living
- Peggy Soucy (352)425-9056- Education/Shut-ins
- Sharon Wallace (703)587-4636 – Newsletter
- Kathie Bellamy (352)875-6288 – Nursing Homes
- Carol Boyers (352)694-0260 – Ocala Regional Hospital
- Charlotte Roaderick (352)671-1468- Ocala Regional hospital and Social events
- Don Knipper (352)625-6621 – Munroe Regional Hospital
- Lucia Covo (352)875-5022 – Hispanic Ministers
- Alice Hvdstein (352)420-9125 – Munroe Regional Hospital
Note: The core group members meet with the ministry coordinator on a regular basis to plan for the ministry.
Ministry Locations, Weekly Communion & Mass Schedule
This table provides information regarding ministry locations, the weekly communion schedule and the mass schedule for the ministry to the sick.
Safe Environment Training for Ministers to the Sick
Ministry to the Sick & Shut-In Brochure
Ministry to the Sick/Shut-In Brochure (PDF download)
Provides detailed information for those who would like to serve in this Ministry.