After the Eucharistic Congress in Spain in 1993, Pope John Paul II prayed that the fruit of the meeting would be the establishment of Perpetual Adoration in every parish throughout the world. Blessed Trinity parish responded to the prayer of Pope John when Fr. Martin Lucia, founder of the Apostolate for Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration in Mt. Clements, Michigan, spoke and inspired our parishioners at the Masses on January 9, 1993. Adoration began in our chapel in the back of the main Church and shortly after, Building D was renovated to become our Perpetual Adoration Chapel.
Since mid January 1993, over 240 parishioners have been keeping a prayerful intimate holy hour with Jesus before the Blessed Sacrament in the Adoration Chapel. Not only do we have 240 permanent adorers but we have over 56 substitutes who are available to help out when needed. This single hour of prayer touches many hearts. People find peace, reconciliation and an intimacy with the Lord in their one hour of Eucharistic adoration.
At the present time, Carol Blackstock is the coordinator of Perpetual Adoration. Her contact info is 352-622-7348 or 352-425-8638 or email: email@example.com. There are four Captains who are responsible for scheduled hours:
- Mary Jo Young: 209-0135 Night (Midnight – 5:00am)
- Marie Norbury: 351-5716 Morning (6:00am – 11:00am) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ethel Alder: 239-1299 Afternoon (Noon – 5:00pm)
- Susan Rivera: 502-6075 Evening (6:00pm – 11:00pm)
If an adorer is unable to be present for their hour, they must get a substitute. Current Substitution lists are available in the Church Office or by clicking: Substitution List
Also, you can find your own substitute by:
- Calling someone scheduled for the same hour and same day as you to make sure they are going to be present, or by
- Calling someone scheduled for the same hour but on a different day and exchanging with them and
- As a last resort call your captain and then the coordinator.
Perpetual Adoration is the greatest undertaking in the history of our parish community. We and you are truly blessed!